Monday, March 10, 2008

Thing #12 Open Source Applications


I have been using an open source applications for over a year and never really understood what I was using. We have our IMC schedule for both lab and library sign up on Google calendar and Google Doc's has our AV sign up. It has been working great. We have a teacher here who seems like a guru on anything open source. So now many of these pieces are fitting together. I love the idea that open source is being used for such things as government documents in other countries. The idea of a document always opening up no matter how it was formatted is just a dream come true.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Please, please, please teach me how to use the calendar properly! I have one set up, have entered event and have invited people to see it, but they can't. It's worth a Starbuck's for you! ;-) PS...great picture!